- 4 or 5 lbs of fresh chicken wings
- 1 large bottle of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 habanero pepper (seeded and quartered) – optional
- Cover a cookie sheet with foil. Salt and pepper your chicken wings and bake in a 350F oven for about 30 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile in a medium saucepan melt the butter and add half the bottle of hot sauce as well the habanero, if using. Simmer on low heat while wings are in the oven
- Remove wings from the oven and toss all the wings well in the sauce. Put them back on the cookie sheet for another 30 minutes or longer
- Serve with lots of celery sticks and good quality blue cheese dressing or ranch